secrets lying around on the HD

Thomas Sjögren thomas at northernsecurity.net
Tue Apr 13 15:29:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:34:59PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> The next step is paging: either disable paging entirely, or use an
> encrypted swap file/swap partition (with quite high performance cost,
> of course.)

I run several computers with encrypted swap-partition and /tmp and the
performance cost isn't noticable. The only thing is that
booting takes a couple of seconds longer, since the partitions is trashed
and then re-encrypted (an ugly form on wiping one might say) but thats
about it.

/Thomas
== thomas at northernsecurity.net | thomas at se.linux.org
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C