Problems importing public key

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 14 08:15:22 CEST 2004

Hello Folks,

I was sent a public key by a fellow so that I could encrypt a file to
him. The name of the file, for what it is worth is: 0xF94BBB03.asc which
happens to be the DSA key ID of his key used to sign his emails. It
imports OK into my gnupg V1.2.3 but when I click on the lock icon in
Evolution (so I can test the public key) I get the following error:

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Sat 03 Apr 2004 09:54:31 EST using DSA key ID
F94BBB03
gpg: BAD signature from "Benoit Grégoire (Serveur télématique des
étudiants de Polytechnique) <bock at step.polymtl.ca>"
gpg: textmode signature, digest algorithm SHA1

What have I done wrong?

I have another public key that I imported from a keyserver that works OK
if I click the lock icon on Evolution yet if I fire up seahorse and
click on the Key Manager icon to list the keys I have under the 'trust'
column both the public keys I have imported show 'ERROR'. Mine naturally
shows 'ultimate'

I really need to find out if I have done something wrong so I can
rectify the problem as Benoit is waiting for the file he needs me to
send him and I am not going to send it if something is wrong as the file
has some very private data in it and I don't want it to fall into the
wrong hands.

--

Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols

AMAZING BUT TRUE ...
	There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it
	would completely cover the Sahara Desert.

- IMPORTANT.                                                         -
- The contents of this email and any attachments, which may be con-  -
- fidential, are sent for the personal attention of the addressee/s  -
- only. If you receive this email and are not the intended addressee -
- please inform the sender and delete this email immediately. Use,   -
- copying, disclosure or forwarding of the contents of this email    -
- and/or any attachment/s is not authourised.                        -