Problems importing public key

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 21:13:17 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 Apr 2004 7:59, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> trust this key. I have never met the gentleman in question (who is as
> honest as the day is long, I'm sure) but I have no way of knowing if
> someone is impersonating him thus my concern when ALL his signed emails
> fail to authenticate properly with the key he provided.

If his signed emails fail to verify, it's probably not the key that's at
fault.

Can you view the same messages in mutt, Mozilla+enigmail or KMail?

Dennis' message on Tuesday 2:56:10 (Re: Use of public key servers) validates
fine with key 0xF53BA904, he uses PGP/MIME to sign, like this one. It should
validate in Evolution. (The signature is valid, but the key's validity is
unknown - so I can't trust Dennis' key either.)

> url. It was the key for Dennis Patrick Lamb Jr., very cleverly done.

All messages on this gnupg-users mailing list in the last few months have
validated in KMail - have any of mine not validated in your copy of
Evolution?

--

Neil Williams