verifying signature after decryption

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Mon Apr 26 19:48:41 CEST 2004

>Message: 5
>Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 04:24:17 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Atom 'Smasher' <atom-gpg at suspicious.org>
>Subject: verifying signature after decryption

>alice sends me (and only me) a message that's signed+encrypted.
>i need to
>show bob that this message is signed by alice.
[...]

>question: is there a way to extract the signed message, including
>the
>signature, from an encrypted message?
>
>in other words, can i take alice's signed+encrypted message, and
>pass it
>to bob either in plaintext or encrypted to bob's key, while still
>maintaining alice's signature over her message?
>
>of course, it must be ~possible~ to do this, but is there any ~practical~
>way to do this?

yes,
but not (yet) with gnupg,

but very easily, for 'any' key type/signature hash/ or symmetric algorithm,

by using a pgp command-line program called
'filecrypt'

{the free demo download is all that is needed}

detailed example description is here:

http://www.angelfire.com/pr/pgpf/fcs.html

'filecrypt'

is here: