trust management script

Stuart A Yeates stuart.yeates at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 28 10:15:17 CEST 2004

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> Incidentally: is gpg's database handling good enough, or will I get a
> speedup by starting again from an empty keyring?

You will get a speed-up. Be aware that keys with multiple signatures and
uids consume far more space that keys with fewer signatures and uids.

The safe way to start with an empty keyring is:

0) send any new signatures to the keyservers (gpg --send)
1) rename pubring.gpg
2) rename trustdb.gpg
3) import your public key(s) from a keyserver
4) edit your key(s) to make them trusted

cheers
stuart
Stuart Yeates            stuart.yeates at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
OSS Watch                                  http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/