Moving from PGP to GnuPG and other questions ...

Holger Sesterhenn Holger.Sesterhenn at smgwtest.aachen.utimaco.de
Wed Apr 28 12:16:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> (Can some PGP-expert confirm that PGP does handle multiple selfsigs with
> differing preferences in a sane way?)

I have tried to remove IDEA from older V4 keys (RSA or DSA) using GnuPGs
--edit command and failed using PGP 8.03. Of course there are no
preferences on V3 keys.

I have deleted the old key from PGP, exported the public key with new
preferences from GnuPG an then imported again this key to PGP 8.03.

PGP still showed IDEA as prefered algorithm (just set 3DES, CAST5 and
AES with GnuPG).

Don't know whether there is a special feature to rebuild the keyring
with PGP.

I have in mind that there is somewhere a switch to force PGP to use a
certain algorithm as default. Some time ago I have created 3DES
encrypted data with PGP 8.0x.

--
Best Regards,

Holger Sesterhenn