Encrypting from web form to file: permissions error

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Thu Apr 29 20:15:55 CEST 2004

> I'm working on encrypting the output of a form on our website to a
> file, with the idea of then downloading the files from the web server
> and decrypting locally. I'm using PHP, like so (edited and line-wrapped
> for email):
>
> shell_exec("echo $for_encryption | /usr/bin/gpg -e --no-secmem-warning
> -ao \
>   /path/to/file.asc -r \"Keyname\"");

check out this app, and read the how-to...
http://Business-PHP.com/opensource/gpg_encrytpt/

it should do what you need.

in (almost) any case, you'll need to set the gpg directory to be writable
by the web browser.

        ...atom

 PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"If Jesus had been killed 20 years ago, Catholic school
	 children would be wearing little electric chairs around
	 their necks instead of crosses"
		-- Lenny Bruce