OT Re: hush mail

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 20:09:45 CEST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 5:52, Shu Hung (Koala) wrote:
> How can I download the public-key of a hushmail account?

Try hushmail.com and read.

Then write to the user and ask for his/her public key.

There is a hushmail keyserver - follow the links from hushmail.com. It uses
sessions so I can't post a URL.

> I can find no key server for it...
> and I can find no hushmail keys in other servers, too.

This set of tools allows Hush users to sign in and encrypt, decrypt, sign, and
verify text and files. It also allows users of Open PGP systems to upload and
download public keys, providing an easy means of secure communication between
Hush users and all other Open PGP users.

i.e. hushmail keys are not separate from GnuPG/PGP keys and won't show up as
special. If the user has an existing GnuPG/PGP key , it is likely that it is
already on keyservers. If not and hushmail produces one for them, it is up to
the sender to make his/her public key known. Write to the user and complain.

--

Neil Williams