Partial body length encoding for Compressed packets

Hasnain Mujtaba hmujtaba at forumsys.com
Fri Aug 13 00:40:57 CEST 2004

Hi David,

If the encrypted data packet has an MDC packet at the end, then how is
the decrypting software to figure out where the indeterminate length
compressed data packet ends and the MDC begins? In this situation,
perhaps it would help if the enclosed literal data packet is not built
using indeterminate length. But what if even the literal is built using
indeterminate length?

How does GPG handle such cases? RFC2440 is not too clear about such
issues.

Thanks much,
Hasnain.