[Announce] Release candidate for 1.2.6

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 13 20:03:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

we just created a quick release candidate to be sure that 1.2.6 won't
cause serious problems.

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.2.6rc1.tar.gz
 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.2.6rc1.tar.gz.sig

The NEWS reads as follows:

    * Updated the included gettext.  This also fixes the installation
      problem from 1.2.5

    * Fixed a race condition leading to deleted keys.

config.{sub,guess} are also updated.  If you had problems with 1.2.5 -
except for the installation problem - we would appreciate if you can
check this one out and report problems to gnupg-devel at gnupg.org or
gnupg-users at gnupg.org.

Thanks,

  Werner (for the GnuPG hackers)