Passphrase not asked when exporting private key (via GPGShell)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 20:31:09 CEST 2004

Hi,

Why does GNUPG not ask for the passphrase when I export a private key?
In this case I'm using GPGShell (Win frontend) but surely that is not
the issue. I deleted the key from the ring and then imported the
exported keypair and yes GPG asks for the passphrase when
signing/decrypting so it is preserved in the exported key (I hope) and
not stored in the TrustDB?

Please CC your replies to me as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Vishal

--
"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."