ALL ABOUT CA'S, DIGITAL ID'S & DIGITAL SIGNATURES

InHisGrip servie_platon at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 21:53:08 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

We are considering of setting up digital id's,
signatures and
encrypted emails for our small organization consisting
of users no
more than 10.

We are thinking of purchasing and registering with
verisign.com, a CA
authority but before we do that, let me ask some
questions from this
group.

Most of the computers are windows and almost all users
use outlook as
MTA and one using netscape 7.1. We would like to send
all outgoing
email messages as digitally signed by the user in our
organization.

Now, to do this it's either we signup with verisign or
any other CA?
And configure outlook to have the digital id among
other things. My
question is, can we do the same with gnupg? All I see
from the site
are frontends for windows such as winpt and other
tools for outlook
whose site is unavailable.

Is there a way in gnupg that we could create a
public/private key in
windows and enable digital id's and signature in
outlook or in
Netscape?

Thanks and hope to hear from anyone soon.

Sincerely,
Servie

P.S. If you would notice that I have used WinPT for
this to sign. Is there a way for us to use outlook to
send all digitally signed email messages automatically
for our domain without going through the hassles of
winpt? Thanks.