Signature in Attachment

Stewart V. Wright swright at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 02:07:06 CET 2004

G'day Don,

* Don Ferguson <Don.Ferguson at mitchell.com> [041207 18:51]:

> Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately ditching MS Outlook isn't an
> option for me.

It really should be high on your priorities.  Not only does it not
allow your preference with GPG/PGP but it also breaks threading in
replying to emails...  Argh, it'd drive me mad!  ;-)

[Oh and whilst I am bashing you TOFU (Text Over Full-quote Under)
makes reading replies difficult too...  Is there anything else you do
that I can complain about???  :-> ]

> I will look at the possibility of routing a message
> received by Outlook into another application, but I am looking for an
> Outlook/ Windows solution if one exists.

There should be a Outlook plugin somewhere...  Did you see this message?
  http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2004-October/023487.html

> When I save the body of the message into a text file and use the
> gpg --verify option, the signature still fails.  Perhaps it has
> something to do with the way Windows handles line breaks as opposed to
> Unix.

Possibly that's because the signature is for the _whole_ text message,
so when I view my last message I see something like...

   --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

   G'day Don,

 [SNIP]

   --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

You would need everything between the "--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo" lines.
I should clarify that I am guessing here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

S.