Signature in Attachment

Don Ferguson don.ferguson at mitchell.com
Fri Dec 10 02:12:51 CET 2004

Thorsten Haude wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please send me every mail only once. (Does Thunderbird know
>list-reply?)
>
>* Don Ferguson wrote (2004-12-09 02:34):

>>>So Thunderbird knows how to talk to Exchange? Could you point to some
>>>resources explaining how it is done?
>>>

>>I am just using POP3 against the Exchange server with login
>>credentials.
>>

>Well, but what if you don't have any protocol except what Exchange
>offers? I can POP3 my mails, but I don't have a relay to send any, so
>I have no idea how to use anything except Outlook. Can you offer any
>clue here?
>

>Thorsten

Exchange Server supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP.  As to whether or not
your Exchange Server is configured to allow you to use these services is
something you will need to take up with your mail administrator.  For
SMTP you can bounce your messages off any server that has the SMTP
service running on it provide it is unrestricted.