Bad Signature (was Re: [Announce] Updated GnuPG 1.4.0 Window binary)

Michael Wenger lists at t-link.de
Fri Dec 17 01:28:13 CET 2004

Hi Werner!

Shatadal schrieb am 17.12.2004 00:37 :

> It seems that your message was not signed correctly. I am using enigmail
> with mozilla thunderbird and it prompts me to import public keys
> required to verify signed messages. When I import your key however
> enigmail complains of a bad signature. I have imported your key from
> keyserver.kjsl.com and random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de and got the key
> for wk at gnupg.org with key id 0x5B0358A2. Interestingly enigmail asks for
> key ID 0x010A57ED initially to verify the signature. Maybe the problem
> is with enigmail. Could you help?

The same with me. Your signature is the only one which Enigmail cannot
verify correctly.
The error message says:
gpg: Unterschrift vom 12/16/04 22:17:17, DSA Schlüssel ID 010A57ED
gpg: FALSCHE Unterschrift von "Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>"

Thunderbird 0.9 DE
EnigMail 0.89.0
GnuPG 1.2.5
Windows Millennium

I have had no problems with any signatures till now.
Can you tell us, what went wrong?

Regards,
Michael