Bad Signature

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 17 12:41:42 CET 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:21:53 +0100, Michael Wenger said:

> The signature of this mail has been verified successfully.
> I haven't changed anything in my configuration since yesterday.
> Very strange...

That depends on whether trailing spaces are in the message or not.
Sometimes I hit the space key at the end of a line or due to cut+paste
spaces are added.  That is an Enigmail issue.  In general MUAs should
protect important trailing spaces using QP encoding (e.g. for the
signature delimiter "-- ") so that they are not relevant for OpenPGP
or PGP/MIME.  I will check whether my MUA (Gnus) does it right.

  Werner