Using the "preferred keyserver URL" in GnuPG 1.4

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Dec 20 23:08:14 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:45:47PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 11:40:01AM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
>
> > To add a URL to your signatures, just stick this in your gpg.conf:
> >
> >   sig-keyserver-url (yoururl)
>
> NB:  You may also have to specify:
>
>   no-force-v3-sigs

Quite right.  I had forgotten about that since I have it in my
gpg.conf.

Someday no-force-v3-sigs will be the default.

> and may want to specify:
>
>   verify-options show-keyserver-urls

Yes.  This shows what the keyserver URL is for the interested.  Note
that if you don't have the key when verifying a signature and there is
a keyserver URL present, the URL is *always* shown to you.  This
option only controls whether the URL is shown when verifying sigs from
keys you already have.

David