host not found: ec=11001

Henk-Piet Glas henk-piet.glas at altium.nl
Fri Dec 24 09:17:13 CET 2004

David Shaw wrote:

> Wait a moment.  I thought (...) the correct one.

Turns out both work. Just tried it (I am using XP). In both
tests  I  made  sure to start with a fresh environment i.e.
neither HTTP_PROXY nor  http_proxy  exists  initially. Only
one is set  before verifying. Werner is right about windows
SET. Doing:

    SET GLAS="aap"
    SET glas="noot"

Results in a single variable:

    GLAS="noot"

Yet in all cases I work from cygwin and after:

    export GLAS="aap"
    export glas="noot"

I have one lower and one upper  case  environment  variable
called glas. When  I  say "both work" I  mean  both exports
work. I am now using http-proxy[=value].

Regards,
--
Henk-Piet Glas                             Support Engineer
E-mail:  support.nl at altium.nl            Altium Software BV