Cannot decrypt with PGP 7.0.3 using PnuPG private key.

Louis Lubbers lou123 at netadvies.nl
Tue Feb 3 19:55:11 CET 2004

Hello David,

Thank you for the advice. I am not yet getting it to work. I am doing the
following:

I generate a keypair: DSA and ElGamal, size 2048
gpg --homedir etc --simple-sk-checksum --edit-key logguard
gpg --homedir etc --export-secret-keys logguard > secring.new.gpg
I import the secring.new.gpg into PGP by dropping it into the PGPkeys window.
I sign and trust with my own key.
gpg.exe --homedir etc --recipient logguard --output g:\log.txt.pgp
--encrypt g:\log.txt
I doubleclick the log.txt.pgp file and PGP prompts me to enter the
passphrase for logguard.
I enter the passphrase for logguard and PGP will NOT decrypt it. I keep
being prompted.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sincerely,
Louis.