GPG Key Photo Removal

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 12:23:45 CET 2004

On Sunday 01 Feb 2004 1:40 am, David Shaw wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:47:42AM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > The OpenPGP specification does not support user ID revocation, but a
> > user ID can effectively be revoked by revoking the self-signature on
> > the user ID. For the security reasons described previously,
> > correspondents will not trust a user ID with no valid
> > self-signature.
>
> That is out of date.

Sorry, when will http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN305
be updated?

>  The updated specification supports user ID
> revocation.  In GnuPG, use --edit-key and then "revuid" (the old
> method of revoking the self-sig works as well).

OK, that's in GnuPG v1.2.4 - I'm still working with 1.2.1 so the option didn't
appear either locally or in the online GnuPG documentation.

The option of using KGPG to send the key minus photo UID still exists for
Steve to use - how is that replicated on the command line?

--

Neil Williams