Bug: Unusable key

gabriel rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Thu Feb 5 23:20:17 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 12:12:43PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> Unless I misunderstand your suggestion, that would mean that in cases
> where a user has a collection of old expired subkeys (and the one
> current one), there will be a whole lot of output about "subkey xxxxx
> expired" every time the key was used.  Messy.

No, you only produce error output if you can't find a useable key.

> Even if the error list was only printed if there were no usable
> (sub)keys at all, over time the list would just get longer and longer.

So?

If you prefer, or in absence of a request for verbosity, just print
the latest-dated (by creation would work, but by expiry or
revocation would be better) key and the reason it was unuseable.

As soon as you've got a useable one, you're done, and you don't
produce any error output, and that's BY FAR the more common case,
isn't it?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net