MUA questions

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 6 11:33:58 CET 2004

Ingo [Kl_cker] wrote:

>Yeah, let's make all people on the world use the 26 Latin characters.
>Why would anyone need umlauts, accents, Greek letters, Cyrillic
>letters, Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana, or any other character set?

Yeah, why not adapt computersystems to use hyroglyphs, rhunes and
cuneiforms too. All very usefull. Noone cares that the message
sizes grow significantly, we all have glass fiber lines to our
houses and don't pay for traffic volumes anyway.

The only good thing about messages in the character sets you mention
is that it's an easy way to recognise them as spam.

As for Greek chars, we have the TeX encoding (\alpha, \beta, etc.).
That works reliably on ALL screens and systems.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html