Key strangeness

gabriel rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Sat Feb 7 19:57:52 CET 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:03:44AM +0000, Nick Boalch wrote:
> It's on the keyservers under the ID 3A546EC2, but the ID actually appears to
> be 7EDB7A47. However, the UIDs on that key are signed with 3A546EC2, a key
> that apparently doesn't exist. In short, I'm confused. ;-)

At the very least it's missing a self-signature (I can't recall
exactly which packages generate broken keys like this, but the one
you describe sounds like it's one of them).

You should be able to at least import and work with this key using
--allow-non-selfsigned-uid, but you should really have your
correspondent sign their own key.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net