Bug: Unusable key

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Sun Feb 8 19:22:53 CET 2004

Now I feel like I'm on the hot seat!

I'm not sure that the more verbose message carries any more information then
the shorter version.  Perhaps I've been in the business to long and have
learned how to read short error messages.  Now, my mother would cringe on
seeing the incorrect verb usage.

Is it the parenthetical phrase "zero or more sub keys" that provides the
extra good feelings?  That really doesn't tell you if there are sub keys or
even how many there might be.  Ergo, not really any additional information.

"Hey Buddy" is just an American slang phrase that really isn't needed. (Yes,
I speak American and my British friends tolerate me!)

Finally, "have (sb has) major problems" says no more than "unusable".

So, while I'm gratified that you think the message is more clear, it was
created with tongue in cheek.

--Steve
(Going overboard to master the understatement.)