GnuPG Return Value

Jason_Mantor at hesc.com Jason_Mantor at hesc.com
Thu Feb 12 10:30:09 CET 2004

I found that it was easier to turn on --verbose --verbose (yep twice = even
more verbose) and parse the stdout.
If it says something like "Good Signature from blah" then you not only know
the message was signed,
but you can make sure it was signed with the key you expected ...

HTH,
-JSM

Jason S. Mantor, MCP
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst
New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
Email: Jason_Mantor at hesc.com
Telephone: (518) 402-3545

             Alvin Sebastian
             <asebastian at cmri.
             usyd.edu.au>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "'gnupg-users at gnupg.org'"
             gnupg-users-bounc         <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
             es at gnupg.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/11/04 08:06 PM         GnuPG Return Value

Hi,

    I'm  developing an Access XP application which uses GnuPG digital
signatures. I'm at  a loss on how to retrieve GnuPG's return value
indicating success or failure of  signature verification or other
operations. Any help will be greatly  appreciated.

Thanks in  advance,

Alvin