Mutt/GnuPG-Outlook-plugin diffs / Support for Microsoft's .epf, .pfx, .p12 ?

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:37:21 CET 2004

Hi,

Issue 1:

While looking into signing my e-mails through MS Outlook for work, I
found the GnuPG Plugin. I've just tested it and it is signing.
I noted a curious thing though:

When I use mutt and sign an e-mail and send it to my outlook inbox,
Outlook seems to detect it is a signed e-mail and flags this by showing
a "signed" icon. I also find an attached .dat file. I notice the headers
show some relevant info which may flag this.

When I use the GnuPG plugin on Outlook and e-mail myself, I don't get
this "flag" or icon on my e-mail, nor any attached document or even any
special headers.

What gives?

Issue 2:

More of a question. MS Outlook has a "Digital IDs" Section, under
Tools --> Options --> Security. There you can "import/export" Ids.
I notice that the file types it allows by defaut are :
Security Information (*.epf, *.pfx, *.p12)

Are these "secret" keys in a *special* format? I exported my gpg
key and tried to import it using this import utility and it failed.

I also googled around but didn't find anything.

Thanks,

	Luis

--
Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E