installation GPG on LINUX webFTP
Peter Valdemar Mørch
swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:51:21 CET 2004
This is kind of an openended question, but basically it boils down to:
0) If you have access to another linux box, make sure you can get your
script to work on another Linux box, where gnu-pg has been manully
installed/moved to a non-standard location, and where there is no
"proper" gpg location on the box. The experience gained here will make
it much easier.
1) Figure out exaclty what OS/cpu combination your ISP is using.
?php-info? or something like that may tell you. I forget.
2) Figure out what your pwd working directory is. (Assume
"/home/whatever" for this mail)
3) Assuming this is Linux/x86, can you get other executables to work
there? If you eg. put a copy of /bin/cat from another machine into your
home directory as /home/whatever/cat, can you then call it from a php
script properly and get the results you expect?
4) If(when!) you can get a copy of cat to work that is much simpler,
then try with gpg. gnupg's --homedir option may be your savior...
More information about the Gnupg-users