gnupg-agent problem

John torabora at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 24 22:09:04 CET 2004

I am using KMail 1.6.1 with KDE3.2 (Linux). I have installed KGpg and
cryptplug-0.3.16-1mdk. I have enabled the checkbox in KGpg that enables use
of the gnupg-agent. I keep getting an error on start-up telling me that this
has been selected but the agent is not running.

I have followed the instructions at
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
but where it states that to start the agent you type

eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
(gpg-agent outputs a little shell script that sets the environment variable
GNUPG_AGENT_INFO)

there is no shell script to be seen.

Could someone tell me how to start the agent on start-up or what is going on
here please?

Am I correct in assuming that Ägypten is just to allow the encryption of
attachments whereas KGpg is only for encrypting the message body and for
signing?

Thank you.