password only encryption used in a cron

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Mon Jan 12 08:03:44 CET 2004

Try the --no-tty --batch options.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Johnson [mailto:Support at AirlinkSystems.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 7:18 AM
To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
Cc: Joe Johnson
Subject: password only encryption used in a cron

Hello,

I am trying to decrypt a file that I am getting in a daily email using a
cron daemon.  The file is only encrypted by a password. CRON is giving me an
error message:
gpg: /home/al1/.gnupg/options:112: deprecated option "honor-http-proxy"
gpg: please use "keyserver-options honor-http-proxy" instead
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: cannot open /dev/tty: No such device or address

when I run the command from the command line I do not get the same message:
gpg: /u/al1/.gnupg/options:112: deprecated option "honor-http-proxy"
gpg: please use "keyserver-options honor-http-proxy" instead
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
Reading passphrase from file descriptor 0
gpg: assuming IDEA encrypted data
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected

Here is the command I am trying to run:
/usr/local/bin/gpg -q --passphrase-fd 0 -o
/u/data/downloads/employees.lst --decrypt
/u/data/downloads/employees.lst.pgp < /u/bin/ppf
where /u/bin/ppf is the password

The cron is set up for the same non-root user that I run the command line.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Joe Johnson
Airlink Systems
Support at AirlinkSystems.com