Key appearing twice in keyring and upload to keyserver problem

Nicolas Duboc nicolas at duboc.net
Tue Jan 13 11:10:45 CET 2004

    Hi,

(Sorry in advance for the long post.)

 I have two questions which may be related.

 My keyring seems to include my own key twice :

nico at bilby:~$ gpg --list-sigs F801A743
pub  1024D/F801A743 2002-10-01 Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sig 3       F801A743 2003-04-11   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sig         144843F5 2003-04-10   Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org>
sig 3       F801A743 2002-10-01   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sub  1024g/B8213C2B 2002-10-01 [expire: 2003-10-01]
sig         F801A743 2002-10-01   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sub  1024g/1CF0D39E 2003-12-01 [expire: 2005-11-30]
sig         F801A743 2003-12-01   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>

pub  1024D/F801A743 2002-10-01 Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sig         144843F5 2003-04-10   Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org>
sig 3       F801A743 2002-10-01   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>
sub  1024g/B8213C2B 2002-10-01 [expire: 2003-10-01]
sig         F801A743 2002-10-01   Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>

The second key correspond to a previous state of my key (before I added
the second encryption key 1CF0D39E).

Shouldn't the keyring merge these two keys ?
When I export my public key, the armored string seems to contain the two
key entries but including it to another keyring seems to merge them.

nico at bilby:~$ gpg --import <duboc-key.gpg
gpg: key F801A743: public key "Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>" imported
gpg: key F801A743: "Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>" 1 new signature
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:               imported: 1
gpg:         new signatures: 1

I managed to produce a correct armored exported key by importing it in
an empty keyring and exporting it again.

My second problem concerns upload to keyserver : when I try to upload my
key including the new encryption key to a key server, I get this error
message :
Key block in add request contained no new
keys, userid's, or signatures.
Your key block contained 2 format errors,
which were treated as if the erroneous elements
hadn't been part of your submission.
The last error was on key 0x1c6ccd1c:
Key block corrupt: more than one signature on subkey

I don't really understand the message.
May someone explain me what's wrong with my key ?

My pgp is available here : http://www.duboc.net/nicolas/duboc-key.gpg
(the one containing the two entries is here :
http://www.duboc.net/nicolas/duboc-key.gpg-double)

 Thanks in advance,

---
Nicolas Duboc <nicolas at duboc.net>