Which Key server?

Charly Avital shavital at netbox.com
Wed Jan 14 18:07:52 CET 2004

CL Gilbert wrote:
[...]

 > whats with the hkp:// and the x-hkp:// stuff? I have never seen that
 > before.

Please see D. Shaw's draft memo:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shaw-openpgp-hkp-00.txt>

 > My program, enigmail, does not really have a place for the
 > protocol, but just the server name, should that be ok?

I am testing Enigmail with Thunderbird for Mac OS X. There is no
separate setting for keyservers. Enigmail is configured to use GnuPG by
entering in its Preferences GnuPG Executable Path. Therefore the
keyserver must be set in GnuPG's gpg.conf file, and Enigmail will behave
accordingly. BTW, it works great.

Charly