retrieving key from server...

Tom Wouters tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jan 20 15:22:54 CET 2004

A few days ago i revoked my old pgp-key (it was expired anyway), and
created myself a new one using gpg1.2.1. Then i submitted my new key to
the server wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net, but for some reason it can't be fetched
from the server.

When i use the key-id that is shown with gpg --list-keys it says:

aquaruler:~$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 0x245B4E48
gpg: geen geldige OpenPGP gegevens gevonden.
gpg: Totaal aantal behandeld: 0

(sorry it's in dutch, it says:
  gpg: no valid openpgp data found
  gpg: total number treated: 0
)

so, next i searched the key using my email-adress:

aquaruler:~$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net --search-keys
tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be
gpg: searching for "tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be" from HKP server
wwwkeys.pgp.net
Keys 1-2 of 2 for "tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be"
(1)     Tom Wouters <tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be>
           1792 bit RSA key 689578B0, created 2004-01-17
(2)     Tom Wouters <tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be> (revoked)
           1024 bit DSA key A9A4985D, created 2002-06-14
Enter number(s), N)ext, or Q)uit > 1
gpg: geen geldige OpenPGP gegevens gevonden.
gpg: Totaal aantal behandeld: 0

it finds the old revoked key(nr 2) and my new one, bit it lists another
id with the new key...

so i try fetching it with the new id, but that also fails (same message
as with the original id)

So it seems that it's impossible to fetch the key from te server, has
anyone got an idea what i did wrong? Perhaps a faulty-key (but importing
it from an ascii-armored version works fine, and encrypting/decription
works fine too) or maybe a bug in the server-software?

Tom

--
< tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be >
< aqua at ulyssis.org                    >