[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.6 released (development)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jul 2 20:31:54 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:01:16AM +0200, Johan Wevers wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
>
> >    * Support for the old quasi-1991 partial length encoding has been
> >      removed.
>
> Is this the reason I can't decrypt a file that has been conventionally
> encrypted with pgp 2.6.3ia anymore with 1.3.6? I can decode the same
> file with gpg 1.2.4 without problems.

I don't think so.  The quasi-1991 encoding was a leftover from the
GnuPG 0.x days.  It was nonstandard.

If you are unable to handle 2.6.3 messages, that may be a bug.  I'll
try and duplicate your problem here.

> Why is this support removed?

One more code path.  It was no longer needed since no program has
generated this type of file for years.

David