Problems with keys

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 19:49:10 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 12:43, Martin Taylor wrote:
> I have recently installed GnuPG 1.2.4 on a Windows XP SP1 system, and am
> having problems. When attempting to import a key (using GPGShell v3.10),
> I get the following message:

Is this a binary file or an ASCII file?
How was it transferred between platforms / machines? Sometimes these things
can go wrong when you transfer it as ASCII when it's binary.

If you have the list of key ID's the best way is to now get updated versions
from the keyservers - outdated keys from an old file are not much use to
anyone.

> The keys concerned should be totally valid: they were previously
> installed on a Nullify 1.2.2 build. I have also confirmed the problem by
> downloading Microsoft's public key: same thing happens.

Use gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys keyID
instead.

--

Neil Williams