Import pubkey issue

Shane Harsch shane at tekhed.com
Thu Jul 22 04:59:58 CEST 2004

I'm having difficulty importing this public key:

I'm running gnupg 1.2.4 on Windows XP Pro SP1a.

I have generated my public and secret keys. When I import the key I get
the following:

C:\gnupg>gpg --import iGpubkey.txt
gpg: key 941BD48D: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

The key is a public PGP key (v 2.6.2). The first time I ran it the key
imported, but without a uid. I tried adding one, but am confused as to
how to associate a uid with a particular subkey, so I deleted the uid,
and then deleted the subkey. Now the key won't import at all.

Since this is a PGP key, is this even possible?

Thanks.