Fwd: using gnupg with a secure ldap (ldaps) keyserver

Sanchez the Cactus sanchezthecactus at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 22:59:43 CEST 2004

--- David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> I don't know.  I'm still trying to understand what you set up, and
> using what LDAP schema from where.  Is this the PGP schema?  If so, it
> should work with GnuPG as well.  If it isn't the PGP schema, then it
> won't work no matter what you try.
>
> David

Unfortunately, I didn't set up the server, and our IT dept is less than
enthusiastic about supporting us on linux.  So, as of right now, I have no idea
where the schema came from, but will try to find out.

However, I did manage to get a command similar to the one you asked for to run
successfully, maybe it can help explain what the setup is:

$ ldapsearch -h ldap.company.com -P3 -x -b "cn=pgpServerInfo,ou=pgp
keys,dc=company,dc=com" -Z -s base cn=pgpServerInfo
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=pgpServerInfo,ou=pgp keys,dc=company,dc=com> with scope base
# filter: cn=pgpServerInfo
# requesting: ALL
#

# PGPServerInfo, PGP Keys, company.com
dn: cn=PGPServerInfo,ou=PGP Keys,dc=company,dc=com
cn: PGPServerInfo
objectClass: pgpserverinfo
pgpSoftware: OpenLDAP slapd
pgpVersion: 2.1.23.8
pgpBaseKeySpaceDN: ou=PGP Keys,dc=company,dc=com

# search result
search: 3
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2