Fwd: using gnupg with a secure ldap (ldaps) keyserver

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Jul 28 01:49:28 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 04:07:50PM -0700, Sanchez the Cactus wrote:

> > > 2) find_basekeyspacedn() isn't working...  the call:
> > > vals=ldap_get_values(ldap,si_res,"pgpBaseKeySpaceDN"); is returning
> > > NULL, but I haven't had a chance to look into it more yet, though it
> > > is using the context of "dc=company,dc=com", which I think is not
> > > the right one.
> >
> > No, it should be something like "o=PGP Keys", or at least including
> > the "PGP Keys" as part of the string.  It's pretty clear what is going
> > wrong, but it is not clear whether this is a problem with your LDAP
> > server setup or in gpgkeys_ldap.
> >
> > I think you said this was set up by your IT dept for PGP users as
> > well.  Does it work with PGP?
> >
> > David
>
> Yes, it does work with PGP on windows.  Hardcoding the context to "ou=PGP
> Keys,dc=company,dc=com" makes it work.  So either gpgkeys_ldap needs to know
> this, or the server needs to provide that information somehow.  Not sure how
> PGP manages to figure it out.

Check your slapd.conf file.  In the section for the pgp keys, there
should be a line that looks something like:

 suffix "ou=PGP Keys,dc=DOMAIN,dc=COM"

Does that exist?

Also, since it works from PGP on windows, can you check something: in
the PGP options dialog, click on the "servers" tab.  Double click on
the entry for your keyserver.  Is there anything in the "Base DN"
field?

David