Error 127

InHisGrip servie_platon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 07:09:11 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I don't know if someone has asked this question
before?

I was trying to compile gnupg-1.2.5.tar.gz which I
downloaded from a mirror site of gnupg.org and I got
an Error 127 result. I use Fedora Core 2 for my linux
distro.

First, I downloaded a tar-ball from a mirror site of
gnupg.

Then, I did # md5sum gnupg-1.2.5.tar.gz and I got an
output match.

So I proceed to compile:

# cd /usr/local/src
# tar xvzf gnupg-1.2.5.tar.gz
# ./configure
# make
# make install

And from here on, I got the error message --> Error
127, install recursive Error 1... Has this error
happened because initially, I have a gnupg
1.2.4-2.1.rpm and I have forgotten to rpm -e the old
rpm of gnupg?

Or is this because the tar-ball I downloaded is
corrupted?

Do you guys have any idea as to what went wrong here?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

InHisGrip,
Servie