Checksum in Secret Key Packet

Hasnain Mujtaba hmujtaba at forumsys.com
Tue Jun 15 23:35:39 CEST 2004

Hi All,

A question about the checksum field in RSA Secret Key Packets. GPG107
RSA secret key packets contain a checksum field. Whereas GPG124 RSA
secret key packets do not have the checksum field.  Why this omission?

I am trying to load some old GPG107 RSA 2048 keypairs into my Cryptix
keyrings and the checksum validation is failing.  But GPG124 RSA
keypairs, because they don't have the checksum, are loading fine.

Seems like the RSA secret key packet structure has changed considerably
between GPG107 and GPG124.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hasnain.
----
The information contained in this electronic mail and any attached
document is the confidential and proprietary business information of
Forum Systems, Inc. It is intended solely for the addressed recipient
listed above. It may not be distributed in any manner without the
express written consent of Forum Systems, Inc.