Duplicated User IDs arisen

gabriel rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Thu Jun 17 01:49:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:01:06PM +0200, Christoph Probst wrote:
> Why is noone updating these servers? I mean, yes, they are not
> totally broken but still unuseable for some people.

Because the function software, SKS, requires a somewhat obscure
build and runtime environment, which makes it difficult for people
who don't know the (also obscure) programming language in question
to audit it, which makes it questionable, in certain people's eyes,
in a security application.

Why jharris's patches for the much more common (and written in a
commonly used language) PKS haven't been applied to the main source
tree there would be a question for the maintainers of that keyserver
software.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net