Duplicated User IDs arisen

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 17 05:10:14 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:01:06PM +0200, Christoph Probst wrote:

> Maybe someone should recommend some servers on gnupg.org (I searched
> the documentation but it seems to be out-dated.)

The only recommended server to use is subkeys.pgp.net.  Everything
else is guaranteed to cause problems in one way or another.  If not
today, then eventually.

Note that subkeys.pgp.net is the only HKP server given in the sample
gpg.conf that comes in the distribution.

Keyservers are a problem.  GnuPG 1.3.x has a number of different ways
to store keys for those who want to avoid the keyserver net.

David