how to transfer a secret key to another comp?

Bruno Boettcher bboett at bboett.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 17 09:28:16 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:24:56PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> Don't use --export-secret-subkey.  It has nothing to do with what you
> are trying to do, and is the cause of the "secret key parts are not
> available" error.
hmmm that was what i tryed first until someone here pointed me out that
i had to import also the secrete key parts....

nevertheless, now the probelms grow even stranger:

gpg --delete-secret-and-public-key E0807C30
gpg: key `E0807C30' not found: eof
gpg: E0807C30: delete key failed: eof

laptop:~$ gpg --import gpg.sec
gpg: key 0D1DC4FE: already in secret keyring
gpg: key E0807C30: already in secret keyring
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:       secret keys read: 2
gpg:  secret keys unchanged: 2

laptop:~$  gpg --edit-key E0807C30
immediate return....

perhaps a buggy version of gpg??

laptop:~$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.4
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

neverhteless on the server and the laptop they are exactly the same
version...

--
ciao bboett
bboett at adlp.org