how to transfer a secret key to another comp?

Bruno Boettcher bboett at bboett.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 17 12:43:46 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:15:57AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
uhm really sorry to bother and to be such a clutz...

> Which machine was this on?
i am only working on the laptop, not touching the workstation...

> Umm, did you actually delete the secret key from the laptop or from the other
> machine? It's the laptop keyring that needs the secret key removal.
only from the laptop

> If you've done what I think you've done, you need to re-import gpg.sec on the
> other machine. Use --list-secret-keys on both machines and find out where you
> stand.
uhm as said a part from the export of the keys i didn't do anything on
the workstation....

darn... got it solved....

heh really stupid looking afterwards....
had to import the secret key before the public key.... other way round
it doesn't work....

all the tampering of the secret keys was useless... had to remove all
traces of the key, then install the secret key, and then the public, in
that order it works....

hmmm other question since i am at it...

the old secret key of my laptop, i revoked it, can i safely delete it,
    or do i have to keep it around? the revokation certificate was send
    to the key servers some time ago...

--
ciao bboett
bboett at adlp.org