gpgme and signature comments

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 22 15:37:12 CEST 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:42:29 -0700, Bill Thompson said:

> This may be a shot in the dark, but is anyone else having issues with
> adding comments to a GPG ascii signature when signing through gpgme?

The canonical answer is: Do not use inlined signatures - use proper
PGP/MIME signatures.

For good reasons I orginally implemented only the PGP/MIME signature
format and abstained from doing this pretty long outdated PGP kludge
on signing mails.  You problems is just one of severals.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner