gpg --gen-key using /dev/urandom is possible?

Paolo Galati paolomail at noze.it
Thu Jun 24 09:51:04 CEST 2004

Hello all,

there is a way to specify /dev/urandom as random number generator for
--gen-key?

I generate keys using a python script calling gpg trought a python
product, the script stop responding because there's not enought entropy.
A solution for this should be use /dev/urandom instead of /dev/random
but i'm not able to find a way to use it.

I know that using urandom is lack of security but for my use this is not
a problem.

Any help most appreciated.
Thanks,
Paolo

--
Paolo Galati - [ n o z e  S.r.l. ]
Via Giuntini, 25/29 - 56023 Navacchio - Cascina (PI)