gpg --list-sigs (root for other users)

Albert gnupg at ml0402.albert.uni.cc
Sun Mar 7 00:29:02 CET 2004

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 17:13 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2004 4:14 pm, Albert wrote:
> > How can root list or export the keys of 1 or better all user(s)
> > on a machine without su?
>
> Why would you want to?

For backups of a few people who don't care about security. It is not
a question if they should trust me, they do and they asked me to do
this!

> A worthy reminder that no-one should keep a secret key on ANY box
> where the owner of that secret key does not have root permissions
> on the box.

ACK. But is there a solution to send a signature from a foreign
machine? Let's say you have to use an internet cafe and you have
your keys on an usb-stick. IMO it is better to send the email
unsigned or unencrypted than to use the secret keys on a foreign
machine.

Albert