Error Messages when decrypting a PGP encrypted document

seidls at schneider.com seidls at schneider.com
Tue Mar 9 14:56:20 CET 2004

When attempting to decrypt a file encrypted with PGP 7.x (specifically '
McAfee E-Business Server v7.1.1 - Full License' per PGP header) we are
receiving error messages and are unable to decrypt the file.

The messages we are getting are:
[GNUPG:] NODATA  1
[GNUPG:] NODATA  2
gpg: no valid Open PGP data found
gpg: processing message failed: eof

We are using GPG  v1.0.4 on a IBM AIX box.  Any ideas as to why we are
receiving these messages?  The file appears to be in a valid PGP format and
does contain data.

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.