Looking for Elgamal sign+encrypt key information

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Sun Mar 14 21:25:18 CET 2004

>Message: 8
>Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:23:40 -0700
>From: Kurt Fitzner <kfitzner at excelcia.org>
>Subject: Looking for Elgamal sign+encrypt key information

[...]

>When I am using Windows platforms, I tend to use PGP 6.5.8ckt, which
>does support the use of Elgamal sign+encrypt keys.  So if there
>are
>problems inherent in this, I would be most appreciative if someone
>can
>shed some light on this.

6.5.8 ckt 'doesn't' support it. [*try it* ;-) ]

it experimented with including it when it was anticipated that it might
be widely used by GnuPG,
but abandoned fully integrating it, when GnuPG moved to DSA and discouraged
ElG signing.

vedaal

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434