Looking for Elgamal sign+encrypt key information

Newton Hammet newton at hammet.net
Tue Mar 16 16:16:54 CET 2004

The below argument is why I simply have two 4096-bit RSA
keys 1 for signing and 1 for encryption.  Don't know how
safe 4096 bit keys are but I suspect they are pretty safe
for now, even from a TWIRL or TWINKLE machine.  I believe
in erroring on the side of caution.  4096 bit keys are
no longer a hurdle to either create or use for signing or
encryption with today's speedy chips.

I have also downloaded the source code for gnupg-1.2.4 and
made one modification:  doubling the arbitrary limit of
4096 bits for RSA to a new arbitrary limit of 8192 bits,
which for the moment may be overkill -- Thanks to the
developers of gnupg who even thought they claim that keys larger
than 4096 bits are not nesc. did not limit the capability of
gnupg to produce larger keys.

Regards,
Newton