GnuPG & PGP Compatibility

Rusty Howell rhowell at bsc.edu
Mon Mar 29 23:46:30 CEST 2004

Good Evening,

I'm still a newbie at this, so please forgive me if this has already been
answered many times in the past.  I have just started  using GnuPG (for
Windows, version 1.2.1 -- also using version 1.2.2 for AIX 4.3.3), and I
have a basic question:

Windows Version: I am using WinPT for an end-user in order to simplify
things and was wondering if we encrypt a file using GnuPG and it stores it
with a .gpg extension, will our recepient be able to decrypt it using PGP
version 5+?

I'm not sure what version they're using since they're an outside entity, but
I am hoping that WinPT will do the trick.  At first, I investigated using
GnuPG from the command-line, but for an end-user that option didn't seem to
be very user-friendly.

Sincerely,
Rusty